Friday, September 17, 2010

First full week

We are now ending our first full week of school. Not bad considering how our summer was....nice. It was hard to stop being lazy and get moving again(mostly mom's problem lol). I even had Sarah doing some school work. She's technically in 1st grade. I don't push too much, but I am trying to make sure she keeps up.

Natasha has been doing fairly well at getting up so early. And it sure has been nice to get started at 8 rather than 8:30 or 9. She is definitely enjoying the class, just not thrilled with 5am wake up time.

The rest of our studies are picking up. I'm finding a few things I have been doing are going to change and do something else. Not uncommon for homeschoolers. I did, with the help of a friend, find a good math website that has literally a ton of math and a few other subject links where the guy finds a problem and then shows you how to do it step by step. Girls loved it. I'm hoping to take advantage of it sometime myself.

Our art and gym class(through the city) went well. Lots of new families this yr. Found some new friends and renewed old friendships. I'm glad to be on a schedule again, just need to get my butt moving each morning so the kids see mom moving and know it's time for them as well.

No comments: