Friday, November 7, 2008

You know you're kids are getting older

when they start going out a lot more with friends and staying late. My ds R is 15 1/2(can't forget the 1/2 part) and is not much of a social guy. But this morning in seminary some of the boys invited him over to a "hangout". Now that is something since most of the time they tend to "forget" him and then he finds out later on during the week by an "oops" of the mouth. Now the boy, whose house he's at, is a very nice boy. His parents are very nice and his little sister, who is my dd N's age are friends. So tonight he's there watching movies and just hanging. Something he's not really into, but glad that his friends remembered to invite him.

Karie

2 comments:

Blessed_Mama_7 said...

I am so glad that they remembered him this time. It can be hard to be an adult and be left out, much less being a teen-ager and having your friends "forget" you. I am glad he had a good time. :)

Have a great weekend!
Blessings,
Vania

Karies place said...

Yep, he's kind of gotten used to it, but he still makes comments about when he finds out they did one with out him. I know he tries to be brave, but I'm sure it still hurts him. He did talk to the dad of the boy who invited him on this last one, and commented on the other boys lack of invitations, and he said he would see to it that a change was made. I hope for the good.

Karie