Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Been too long

I know I've been missing in action here for awhile. First off, my son was getting himself ready to fill out his mission papers for our church. LDS  Then once the papers were sent, the wait began. Once we opened the letter the rush began to get his ready. We had 6 weeks go get his clothing, have him take church classes, and plan our trip. to get him out to provo for the MTC(missionary training center) by June 13th. It was a whirl wind of activity. 


Now we're home from the vacation and trying to get back to normal. It's been an adjustment to do things without him. The girls are doing pretty well. Mom lost it once we got home and saw his empty room. I knew I would, but it sure was hard. Still miss him greatly, but I'm proud that he's chosen to serve the Lord right now. 


We got our first email last Fri and it was long and chatty, but oh so nice to hear from him. He sounded great!  He loves his companion and the other elders they hang with.


So anyway, that's what's been happening in my world. Now reality comes back and we have to go on. 2 yrs and we can go get him. He's been assigned to the Houston TX mission learning sign language. He's excited!

No comments: