Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Just wanting to relax

I told the kids at the beginning of July that we would stop doing structured school and just relax. Not sure what happened but I'm wondering where the relaxing part went. Now, I don't mind having things to do most days, but if I'm going to be able to be me again soon I need some me time.

I love being with my kids and learning with them. I wouldn't be homeschooling if I didn't. But towards the middle and then at the very end(late spring) we're all itching to be outside(except my son ) so it's hard to be inside doing studies. I would love to be outside doing school, but my girls get side tracked and it wouldn't work. So we hurry through the lessons. Pretty much nothing much really gets learned. So finally the last week in June we just stopped. Robert has youth conference then and it just seemed silly to start up for only 3 or 4 days.

One good thing that has kept me busy but I like is planting our flowers. We have done some major planting and minor landscaping. We got our garden in, most of the flowers in by late June. Right now we're just redoing the side yard that just plain looks messy. I have pulled the grass and moss out and this weekend we hope to put some soil and other stuff down and then plant some stuff. Whatever we find needs to grow good in shade. We do have 3 bleeding heart plants. They are beautiful in the photos. Looking forward to when they bloom.

Tomorrow we're going to a friend's home to let the kids play. This mom only has 1 vehicle so she has to let her dh have it most days. The girls are really excited. I'm looking forward to it as well.

Oh just have to tell you, yesterday dh took the day off so we could purchase some glasses for Natasha. But before that dh decides to give us a treat and take us to see Toy Story 3. It was very good. Very teary eyed, but so good. Nice surprise.

This Sat Robert will be going on his 6th Scout Camp. He wasn't going to go, but this past week his friends that are going were trying to convince him. So after chatting with us, we decided to let him go knowing that next yr he will not go. Next yr will probably be high adventure if he goes anywhere. We'll see. So Thurs and Fri it's laundry time and other stuff time. And 2 weeks later Natasha and dh go to girls' camp. Dh will be the priesthood leader for the week like last yr. Natasha is excited and now that I know she enjoyed last yr, I won't be so nervous.

So the next few weeks will be packed getting ready for camping. I'm already tired just thinking about it all. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I know about being tired just thinking about something. We took our annual trip to CO at the end of May and I was stressing over that for months before it even happened!! I hope you have a great time!

Karies place said...

Thanks!