Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It's Tues

but quieter. Well mostly quieter. Dh had a conference call at 7am so as soon as he got home from picking up ds from seminary, he was chatting. The kids all knew dad would be on the phone, so all was quiet until 8:30. I had the kids up by around 8ish and we just relaxed on the couch watching Bill Nye. Around 8:30 dh came in and woke me from my snooze to say he was on his way to work. Said goodbye and then announced we would start at 9.

Did our devotional and then started on school. The 2 older ones needed to finish their math from yesterday. But because we started so late, they only managed to finish their lessons before it was time to start on history and science. Oh well, I figured our first week would be a bit tough.

After our morning lessons we had lunch, then relaxed for a bit. Then, around 2 I told all the kids they were going outside for no less than 30 min of exercise because we no longer have their gym class until next Sept. They did pretty good, but 30 min later ds wanted back in. I said fine, but he needed to finish his Thank yous for the gifts he received from his Eagle court of honor. Finally got them created and cut out. Now he just needs to sign them and send out.

Around 4pm I sent dd up to shower. Both older kids have church classes at 7. Dh called to say he was on his way home and would stop off for a bit of groceries(milk, bread etc...). While we were waiting for him to come home, youngest dd S and I decided to go for a bike ride around the block. 3/4 of the way home, we met up with dh headed home.

After we got the car unloaded it was time for ds to shower. Dd S found the Mario bros game and was playing, so older dd N and I got the spaghetti ready for dinner. By 6:30 we were all done eating and ready to head out for our evening at the church. Dh now has a new calling of 11 yr scout leader. So he proceeded with that calling while the other 2 did their activity. I ended up just chatting with some ladies for a bit.

Left the church at 8:45pm. Arrived home, had prayers and put kids to bed. Hopefully dd S will stay in her bed all night. Lately, she's been getting up again and getting into our bed. Normally I don't mind a lot, but lately(the last 6 months) she rolls over on you or rolls her arm around and accidentally bonks you in the head while sleeping. Not good. Thankfully she hasn't done that in a while, but don't even want to chance it.


Tricia said...

This too shall pass. I still have them in my room. Every night. Someday all will be quiet and still.

Karies place said...

Yep, and then we'll probably miss it. :)