Saw this posted on a group I frequent and just had to post it. Don't know who the author is.
For All Homeschool Graduates
1. You went to school in your PJs.
2. Your biology lab consisted of assisting in your sibling's birth.
3. Your stacks of books to check out was taller than the librarian.
4. Your PE came from chasing little toddlers around.
5. Your school bus was a 9 passenger van.
6. You considered school work after lunch to be cruel and unusualpunishment.
7. Your father ever told the check-out lady at Wal-Mart, "We're on afield trip."
8. Your social life was viewed by some to be one rung lower than thatof a Benedictine monk.9. Your teacher ever wrote your report card on a napkin.
10. You had to move dirty laundry off your desk before you could startschool.
11. The signatures on your diploma all end with the same last name.
12. Everyone else in the world was referred to as "Non-homies. "
13. Your Mother's wardrobe consisted primarily of denim jumpers.
14. Your first real date was on your honeymoon.
15. The word 'homework' sounded like a foreign language.
16. Your yearbook was also your babybook.
17. A snow day meant that you had to shovel the driveway after youfinished your school work.
18. You enjoyed the pastime of watching public school kids walk homefrom school.
19. You had to look at the clock to see if you could call your publicschool friends yet.
20. You thought that "public-school- kid" was an insult of the highestdegree.
21. Health class consisted of eating breakfast.
22. You had to decide what year you wanted to graduate.
23. You were always late but just called it "homeschooler time."
24. You can remember nearly every single day you went to public school.
25. The teacher could kiss the principal, and no one thought it wasunusual.
26. You got to school and the teacher asked you if you've done allyour chores.
27. You are one of the best people in the world!
28. Your friends talked about waiting in line for seven hours to tryout the new roller coaster in town, so you went and waited fiveminutes on a school day.
29. Your school lunches contained any food item easily identifiable toa person without a microscope and extensive scientific knowledge.
30. You've ever listened to Beethoven and Michelle Branch on the sameday. Not counting music lessons.
31. Gym class was actually a fun activity like swimming.
32. You're on a first-name basis with the clerks at the local bookstore.
33. The closest thing to a bully in your school was your slightlystrange two-year-old sister.
34. Your friends complained about a hard day at school, and you had tokeep yourself from giving them "that homeschooling smile."
35. You heard the phrase "socialization" and laughed because you hadmore friends and knew more people than your public school friends.
36. Your school dress code was: No Nudity Allowed
37. You didn't own a television
38. You were firmly convinced that high school causes brain damage
39. You slept in till 9 am on weekdays but got up at 7 am on Sundays
40. You have more siblings than sweaters
41. You knew what a 'Park Day' is
42. Your favorite author was Jane Austen, G.K. Chesterton, or P.G.Wodehouse
43. You have ever suffered through Saxon Math
44. All birthdays were school holidays
45. You have ever finished your schoolwork before breakfast
46. You taunted high schooled friends during finals week
47. You spent more than 2 hours each day reading andwriting....voluntarily
48. You are 16 years of age or older and still have never been on a date
49. You knew what "Unit Studies" were
50. You had more than 2 science experiments going on in your room
51. You knew more than 1 Latin paradigm
52. You have ever spent the entire school day in pajamas
53. You regularly utilized words such as "malingering" , "tedious", and"indubitably"
54. You considered sled riding phys ed
55. Your IQ is greater than your weight
56. You checked out more than 10 books each time you visited the library
57. You have ever attempted to teach yourself physics
58. When asked about your GPA, you said, "Oh, probably 4.0."
59. You had no idea as to what rock bands were popular then...but youcould recite all of the stages of cellular mitosis (in order).
60. You believed that you were the most intelligent human in your agebracket within a ten mile radius.
61. You actually wanted to receive books on your birthday
62. Cleaning your room counted as Phys-Ed.
63. Your field trip took you overseas.
64. Shop class included watching your brother fix his car.
65. Your track meet was riding into town to race bikes with a friend.
66. Your mom wished you'd stop reading and do something else for a change.
67. Your bedroom was your classroom and your bed or floor was the desk.
68. You stayed up till whenever, and not because you were doing homework.
69. You could get days ahead in almost any subject.
70. You recorded, planned and graded your own school work.
71. You forgot about the minor holidays until you saw your dad sittinghome in sweats or your public school friends asked you over theweekend what you did on your day off.
72. You didn't know what spring break was.
73. Your mom counted watching a war movie as history and playing outin the snow as PE.
74. You had more friends way older and younger than you than ones youractual age.
75. You read for fun
76. You know what the acronym "ATI" means; if you know there used tobe an "A" on the end of it, you are really hardcore.