Saturday, January 31, 2009

There are days like this

thanks goodness they only happen once in awhile.

My morning started out ok. I was able to sleep in until 7ish when dd S came in and snuggled. But by 8am she was wanting her breakfast, so up I got and down the stair we went. After getting her chocolate milk, we cuddled on the couch where she proceeded to fall back to sleep. So I took advantage and went online for a bit. Pretty soon ds R woke up and went online. Around 9am dd S woke up and cuddled with ds R for a bit while I woke up dd N. In the meantime my phone rings(waking dh) and it's a friend wanting to know if I'm up and would I accept a small gift from another friend if she dropped it by. Sure. Turns out to be a small bag of hand-me-down clothes. About half fit the other half not.

So the morning went on and pretty soon it lunch. Dh is getting ready for the day. Kids have lunch then I kick them outside to play. Dh heads out eventually to fix the snowblower with the part he's been waiting on. It works!! In the meantime I had asked ds R to go out and get some milk. Well, our glass screen door has a crack in it, so we're trying to be careful. He heads out carefully and then as he walks in he notices that there are more cracks. He goes out to tell dh who has been working on the snowblower. He comes over and checks it out. To make a long story short, both top and bottom windows end up broken and have to be thrown away. Not a good thing to do in the winter time.

Eventually he comes in and the kids do too. We get laundry settled and then head out to get some errands done. Come home in time for pizza and cartoons. Eventually bathtime for dd S since we have early morning church and won't have time. Then bedtime snacks and reading time. Or at least that's what it was supposed to be. Dd S kept coming down because she was getting into trouble with brother and sister by not settling. Eventually she settled and then bedtime happened. I LOVE my kids, but some days bedtime is so looked forward to.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely Saturday to me!
BTW the link works now.
Lov
Liv

Anonymous said...

I mean, you really did get alot done AND nobody is sick! Yeah!

I am sick, started last night, and started my period today. BOOO!
LOL
Lov
Liv

Unknown said...

These are my favorite kind of Saturdays. We only get 2 a month though because DH works on the other 2 and when daddy works it's a normal school day for us!! We work around his schedule most of the time.

Karies place said...

Thanks comerrick, I saw that after I clicked on the next post. :)

And yeah, so far we've been relatively healthy this yr. Getting your period is always lots of fun....not! :)

Karies place said...

My dh used to work every Sat so we too would do school work on that day. But about 18 months or so ago, his schedule changed and now he has all Sat, but sometimes, when he's on pager, the whole weekend can be shot. :(