Wednesday, July 21, 2010

July is almost over

I can't believe how fast time flies. I vividly remember thinking that spring was finally here and then suddenly summer is half over. Where did the time go? Robert has already had his scout camp and is home now. Next week Natasha goes to Young Women's(girls' camp) for 4 days with dh. She is really looking forward to it. And then there's Sarah who gets to just stay home with mom. :) I'm thinking of having dh take her out for a quick shopping errand and then ice cream at McD's for her summer treat. Might even be brave enough to set up the tent and let the kids sleep out back for fun. We'll have to see.

Once Aug hits we gradually get back into school routine. I have to say not sure if I'm ready yet, but I know the kids really need it. 1 month of just goofing is more then plenty. Thankfully we have had some planned activities so they haven't driven me completely nuts lol.

And things I have been doing to keep me busy is our yard. It's almost done now that summer is almost gone lol. But it'll be nice once finished. We have this shady side to our house which gets next to no sun. It was full of partial grass and moss growing. Hard to get it mowed. So I pulled all the grass(easy to do when wet) and we've now added a non weed covering along with red burch ground covering. It looks very nice. We did run out of the stuff and will need to buy a few more packages. Then plant the few plants we have and finally relax. At least the summer hasn't been boring. :)

No comments: